This position is located at the Trees, Water & People office in Fort Collins, Colorado.
The Donor Data Manager is a position that flexes between Development and Finance, providing information and support to both departments. This position is a critical part of our donor communications pipeline, has the most hands-on relationship with TWP donor data and feedback loops, and manages this information in TWP’s Salesforce database. The right candidate will have meticulous attention to detail, be a great communicator and team player, have experience with bookkeeping and database management, and approach this work with empathy and integrity.
Background of Trees, Water & People
Trees, Water & People is a Colorado non-profit organization that believes conservation should do more than just protect the environment – it needs to create new economic opportunities for local people. Since 1998, we have designed and implemented high-impact development and conservation projects with communities throughout Central America and across Tribal Lands in the western U.S.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive donations and enter donor info, notes, and designations into Salesforce Database
- Promptly mail Thank You letters and Tax Receipts to donors consistently and efficiently
- Seek opportunities to recognize and celebrate TWP’s monthly donors, and grow enrollment
- Maintain, update, and clean donor data for segmentation and analysis
- Segment and analyze data to provide actionable intel to Marketing and Development Teams
- Produce reports and dashboards for Development & Executive team using Salesforce
- Coordinate database rules development and process improvement with Data & IT Manager
- Create lists for targeted mailings and manage mailing logistics
- Streamline processes and look for opportunities to continuously improve systems
- Assist Director of Finance in making bank deposits, processing Accounts Payable, Reconciling accounts between Salesforce and Quickbooks, reconciling bank accounts, and producing deposit reports.
Required Skills and Experience:
The right candidate will show experience with relational databases, and basic data analysis (statistical software experience not necessary), and will have applied these in a business or non-profit setting. Deep financial expertise is not required, but bookkeeping experience and a basic understanding of small-business accounting is a plus. Teamwork and communication skills are essential - must be able to integrate into a rapidly moving and dynamic workplace, and be able to provide and ask for support from across the organization as necessary. Strong references and demonstrated integrity, passion, and effectiveness in past roles are critical.
- Investment in Trees, Water & People’s overall mission and program goals
- Persistent, focused, and organized self-starter with excellent time-management skills
- Ability to build and maintain trust with TWP’s donors through sincere communications
- Keen attention to detail at micro and macro levels - a meticulous big-picture thinker
- Capable of working independently and in team settings
- Flexible, proactive, and communicative
- Emotionally intelligent, empathetic, and motivated to make the world a better place
Benefits and Compensation:
- Comprehensive medical and dental health plan paid 100% by the company
- Salary range: $36,000 - $42,000 DOE, full-time, non-exempt
- Flexible vacation policy and up to six weeks of paid sick leave depending on length of employment; one-week paid bereavement leave
- Retirement: after three years of employment, company matches 5% of your gross salary into an investment plan of your choice within Vanguard
- A small professional development allowance for trainings, conferences, meetings, etc.
- We are a small staff of 10, and we believe in work-life balance and a close-knit team!
The application will be open until the position is filled, however applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. We intend to begin the interview process during the months of July and August. All Required Skills must be addressed in your application. Please also tell us where you found the job posting.
To apply, fill out the fields below. Please - No phone calls.