This position is located at the Trees, Water & People office in Fort Collins, Colorado.
This role will elevate Trees, Water & People’s (TWP) brand in digital, print, and person-to-person communications, by crafting TWP’s printed marketing materials, organizing and executing outreach events, and strategizing and deploying social media. Candidate must be an organized, innovative, self-starter with excellent written, verbal and digital communications skills, cross-cultural competence, and experience in the non-profit sector.
Must include a portfolio demonstrating creative and strategic use of communications to cultivate relationships with engaging, thoughtful, and compelling content. The position is based in Fort Collins, CO and reports to TWP’s Development Director.
Background of Trees, Water & People
Trees, Water & People is a Colorado non-profit organization that believes conservation should do more than just protect the environment – it needs to create new livelihood opportunities for local people. Since 1998 we have designed and implemented high-impact development and conservation projects with communities throughout Central America, and on U.S. Tribal Lands.
Essential Job Functions:
Manage TWP outbound marketing, mailings and communications (75%)
- Convert TWP and TWP Tours program content into digital, printed, and recorded marketing assets including brochures, newsletters, flyers, infographics, social media posts, print ads, press releases, donor letters, corporate partner reports, digital ads and invites, radio advertisements, and others
- Co-manage TWP’s website traffic and e-mail marketing, using Google Adwords, analytics, and SEO strategies to engage new audiences. Familiarity with HTML helpful but not necessary
- Co-manage TWP social media content, including writing copy, coordinating communications calendars, cross-promoting with corporate partners, and publicizing special media launches
- Ideate and co-develop infographics, charts, and original art to illustrate TWP’s programs and impact
- Support Development Director in building, segmenting, and improving on the TWP Donor Pipeline by co-designing and producing targeted donor engagement materials and packets
- Manage TWP outbound marketing, mailings and communications
Co-create and co-manage logistics for all TWP public-facing fundraising events (25%)
- Develop new event concepts for TWP and TWP Tours to attract and engage donor audiences
- Recruit sponsors, volunteers, scout venues, book food and entertainment, engage collaborators
- Create new approaches to fundraising at TWP events, with in-house resources and third parties
- Identify new U.S. geographies in which to promote TWP’s work, based on donor data analysis
- Represent TWP at Colorado meetings and events, including regular membership meetings with Fort Collins ClimateWise, Fort Collins Downtown Business Association, Combined Fed Campaign, others
Required Skills and Experience:
A qualified candidate will show exceptional communication skills, acute critical thinking skills, and show evidence of their ability to excel under challenging circumstances with minimal oversight. Teamwork is an indispensable requirement of the role, as this position will work closely with TWP’s Marketing Manager, Development Director, and Donor Data Manager to create captivating content and get it in front of the right audiences.
Digital portfolios of past photo, video, graphic design, and communications work should be submitted with application. Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp (or similar e-mail platform), Wordpress, and social media platforms required. Basic web design and IT background a plus.
- Demonstrated investment in TWP’s overall mission and program goals
- Persistent, focused and organized self-starter with excellent time-management skills
- Capable of working productively both independently and in team settings
- Relationship builder, good listener, and a team player with strong references
- Confident, high-energy, professional with the courage to innovate and push boundaries
- Flexible multi-tasker, capable of filling a pipeline with diverse new opportunities
- Detail-oriented, creative, big-picture thinker
Benefits and Compensation:
- Comprehensive medical and dental health plan paid 100% by the company.
- Salary $42,000 - $45,000 DOE, full-time, non-exempt.
- 11 days of annual paid holiday, flexible vacation benefits, and up to six weeks of paid sick leave depending on length of employment, plus one week paid bereavement leave.
- Retirement: after three years of employment, company matches 5% of your gross salary into an investment plan of your choice within Vanguard.
- A small professional development allowance for trainings, conferences, meetings, etc.
- We are a small staff of 11, and we believe in work-life balance and a close-knit team!
The application will be open until the position is filled, however applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. All required skills must be addressed in your application. Please also tell us where you found the job posting.
Please - No phone calls.
To apply, fill out the fields below and submit your resume, digital portfolio links, references, and a one-page cover letter.